I am currently a lecturer @ School of Computer Science and Engineering , The University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia. I am ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) Fellow between 2016-2018 (awarded in 2015).
My research interest lies in Internet of Things Analytics/Cyber-Physical Systems, Data Mining, Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing, Ambient Intelligence and Service Computing. Visit my Youtube Channel for taking a closer look at my research.
Before I joined UNSW, I was a lecturer and an ARC reseach associate at The University of Adelaide (UoA). I received my PhD degree and Master degree both from UoA in 2014 and 2010, respectively, and my Bachelor degree from Shandong University (SDU). I spent about 6 years as a professional telecommunications engineer in Jinan Branch, ChinaUnicom, as well as studied Master in Telecommunication and Electronical Engineering from Nanjing University of Posts & Telecommunications (NUPT).
I am continuously looking for highly motivated and focused students with strong background in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics. PhD scholarships are available with topics in data mining, Internet/Web of Things and Cyber-Physical Systems analytics and ambient intelligence. Sending me emails if you are interested.
- Our paper is accepted as regular papers by TKDE.
- One PhD scholarship is open now! Deadline is 18 August.
- Our papers are accepted as full papers by CIKM 2016.
- Our papers is accepted as a full paper by ICSOC 2016.
- Fresh research demo regarding sentiment analysis using smart phone is up, check it out from Youtube Channel
- Our paper is accepted as a full paper by ECML-PKDD 2016.
- Our paper is accepted as a full paper by Ubicomp 2016.
- I am the PC member for International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) 2016.
- I successfully secured Pilot Competitive Evaluation Research Agreement Program 2016.
- I am the Program Co-Chair for The Australasian Web Conference (AWC 2017).
Opportunities for PhD Students
I am actively looking for the students (domestic and international) who want to do a PhD in areas of data mining, Internet of Things, mobile sensing and activity recognition etc. Please email me if you are interested in doing your PhD under my supervision.
The information about international and domestic scholarships provided by the university can be found at https://research.unsw.edu.au/postgraduate-research-scholarships
The Scholarships by the China Scholarship Council (CSC) for applicants from China can be found at: https://research.unsw.edu.au/china-scholarship-council
Opportunities for Honors/Masters/Bachelor Students@UNSW
If you are interested in what I am doing (exploring the fascinating projects), feel free to drop by my office or send me emails anytime.